Thursday, February 14, 2013

Coffee Dates, Mexican Food, and Shady Allies

Sooo... I know it's been a while since I've posted. You've probably made your own assumption that this blog, like a lot of things in my life, is just another thing that I won't keep up with...

However, this is not the case. To put it simply, I have been dying to post, but this week has been super busy with tests and papers. I told myself that once I get all my big things taken care of that I can post a blog update.

You may say, "Talking to yourself? Really?"

Yes. Really. It is a proven fact that if you talk to yourself, you are a genius. And while I wouldn't exactly use the word "genius" in my case, this statement makes me feel better about my weird conversations.

Now back to the blog...

Today is February 14th, or more commonly known as "Valentine's Day," and to the hopelessly depressed single individuals, "Singleness Awareness Day."

This year, I did not celebrate either of those days! I celebrated "Go Out With Your Girlfriends and Make Crazy Memories" Day! It was awesome to say the least.

The awesomeness began at 7am in the crazy morning when I deliriously decided to go to breakfast with my friends Anna and Abbie. It was a very silent, yummy breakfast, since no one should ever speak before 9am in the, yet again, crazy morning.

After my 8am class, my friend Becca and I had to observe at the Academy for a class (not before stopping to get a "buy one get one free" coffee at Cuppa Jones). Nothing says Happy "Go Out With Your Girlfriends and Make Crazy Memories" Day better than a hot Vanilla Latte! Becca is a great friend and I love her! Who ever thought a DP major and an Ed major would get along so well ;)

After yet another observation, classes, and a lovely nap, the real fun began :)

Instead of being like the typical single population of this campus and pouting about what sadness their lives posses, Kirsten, Kaitlin, Joy, Elle, Nicole, and I made a date of our own!

First stop was Papa's and Beer... Yes, I do realize this sounds sketch, but trust me, no alcohol or boys were involved. Just some really good food and friends! I mean good!

Reason #3423 not to date a boy on Valentine's Day: you can eat all the food you want and not feel guilty.

That's what I kept telling people all day:

"Guess what I got for Valentine's Day?

"What?" they'd ask.
...

"Fat. I got fat."

(insert uncontrollable laughing here)

After dinner we drove downtown (which is beautiful) and stopped at OCHA for some bubble tea. There, we encountered a sketchy hallway where they kept the bathrooms and a book about Mullets, which was rather fascinating. Nicole may or may not have chased me down the street, Kirsten may or may not have spewed bubble tea on everyone... And...Elle and I finally got over our problems initiating hugs!!

All around, it was a GREAT night! I love my friends and am so blessed that God put them in my life.

He's my true Valentine.

He has blessed me beyond measure and I owe him everything.





So, whether you celebrated "Valentine's Day" or not, I hope you too had a great day and told at least one person how much you love them! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment